Tribunal House, Glastonbury, Somerset: Details and Ceiling Design
- Part Of:
Collective Title: [One of] Sixty-seven sheets of elevations, ground plans, and ornamentation from several Gothic structures. One loose drawing.
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 15 inches (27.3 x 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Plaster ceiling of | Tribunal house, back | room"; in graphite, upper right: "Section of Mouldings"; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "No 3"; in graphite, center right: "Ornament | at Large"; in pen and brown ink, center left: "Oak beams"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given; (verso) calculations given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "GB Wollaston | October 8 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceilings | Gothic (Medieval) | moulding | ornamentation | plans (drawings) | plaster | sections
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, (G Wollaston) nineteenth century, Tribunal House, Glastonbury, Somerset: Details and Ceiling Design, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.