- Tribunal House, Glastonbury, Somerset: Details and Ceiling Design
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 15 inches (27.3 x 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Plaster ceiling of | Tribunal house, back | room"; in graphite, upper right: "Section of Mouldings"; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "No 3"; in graphite, center right: "Ornament | at Large"; in pen and brown ink, center left: "Oak beams"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given; (verso) calculations given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "GB Wollaston | October 8 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceilings | Gothic (Medieval) | moulding | ornamentation | plans (drawings) | plaster | sections
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (G Wollaston) nineteenth century, Tribunal House, Glastonbury, Somerset: Details and Ceiling Design, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.