George Inn, Glastonbury, Somerset: Sign Bracket
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and black ink with gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 14 3/8 x 10 9/16 inches (36.5 x 26.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Sign Bracket | George Inn | Glastonbury"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Wall Line"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "No 4"; in graphite and pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "A Beloe October 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | brackets (structural elements) | designs | Gothic (Medieval) | inns | signs
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (A Beloe), George Inn, Glastonbury, Somerset: Sign Bracket, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.