George Inn, Glastonbury, Somerset: Sign Bracket
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and black ink with gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 x 10 9/16 inches (36.5 x 26.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Sign Bracket | George Inn | Glastonbury"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Wall Line"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "No 4"; in graphite and pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "A Beloe October 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brackets (structural elements) | designs | Gothic (Medieval) | inns | signs
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (A Beloe), George Inn, Glastonbury, Somerset: Sign Bracket, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.