Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Plan of the Barbican Tower and Elevation and Section of Window
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and red ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 x 10 5/8 inches (38.1 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Plan of Arrangement of the Machicoulis | of | Barbican Towers"; in graphite, lower left: "Raglan Castle Monmouthshire | Interior Elevation of Window of the | Great Hexagon Tower."; in pen and red ink, upper left: "No 34"; in graphite, throughout, drawing labeled and dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, center right: "Tho.s L Walker | Sept 21 1831"; lower right: "Tho.s L Walker | Sept 22nd 1831."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | Gothic (Medieval) | hexagon | interior elevations | machicolations | sections | tower (building division) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (TL Walker), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Plan of the Barbican Tower and Elevation and Section of Window, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.