Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevation of Windows in the Barbican Towers
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and red ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 15 1/8 inches (27.9 x 38.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "Raglan castle Monmouthshire | Loophole in Barbican Towers | towards BaseCourt"; in graphite, center right: "Wall line"; in pen and red ink, upper left: "No 32"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "C Marriott 22 Sept 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | courts (courtyards) | Gothic (Medieval) | loopholes | plans (drawings) | tower (building division) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (C Marriott), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevation of Windows in the Barbican Towers, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.