Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevation of Windows in the Barbican Towers
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and red ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 15 1/8 inches (27.9 x 38.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "Raglan castle Monmouthshire | Loophole in Barbican Towers | towards BaseCourt"; in graphite, center right: "Wall line"; in pen and red ink, upper left: "No 32"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "C Marriott 22 Sept 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | courts (courtyards) | Gothic (Medieval) | loopholes | plans (drawings) | tower (building division) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (C Marriott), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Elevation of Windows in the Barbican Towers, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.