Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Longitudinal Section of Great Hall
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and pink ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 14 15/16 inches (27 x 37.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Longitudinal Section of Great hall | Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire"; in graphite, lower left: "Section | of the flues"; in graphite, lower left: "Flush of Wall inside Hall"; in graphite, upper center: "40.0 to pitch of Roof"; in graphite, upper center: "Rubble"; in graphite, upper right: "Done"; in graphite, upper right: "The side shewing this | is all rubble covered | with plaster"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions and some labels given; in pen and red ink, upper left: "No 29"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "FT Dollman | Sept 21. 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | freestone | Gothic (Medieval) | great halls | longitudinal sections | plans (drawings) | sections
- Associated Places:
- Monmouthshire | Raglan Castle
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (FT Dollman), Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales: Longitudinal Section of Great Hall, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.