- Falls of the Rhine, Schaffhausen
- Mezzotint printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 17 1/4 inches (30.8 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 × 11 1/2 inches (22.5 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 × 10 7/8 inches (21.3 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: "F.S."
Studio mark: "Published by Robert Dunthorne"; monogrammed in plate: "S" on shield
Lettered below image, left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; center: "FALLS OF THE RHINE, SCHAFFHAUSEN | From an Unpublished Drawing for the Liber Studiorum, in the possession of Henry Vaughan Esq."; right: "Etched & Engraved by F Short. 1896"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Frank Short"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Frank Short, 1857–1945, British, Falls of the Rhine, Schaffhausen, 1896
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.