- Ruins of the Temple of Jupiter on the Plains of Nemea
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/16 × 11 3/8 inches (21.4 × 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Ruins of the Temple of Jupiter on the plains of [...] | May 20 1803"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "II/38"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Ruins of the Temple of Jupiter on the Plains of Nemea, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.