- Temple Near the Site of Ancient Phigalia
- Gray wash, graphite, pen and brown ink, and black ink on medium, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 9 13/16 inches (38.1 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Temple near the Site of Ancient Phgalia. | supposed to be dedicated to Apollo Epicurioius- | June 20th 1803-"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "III/9"; inscriptions of measurements and numerical formulas throughout the drawing.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Temple Near the Site of Ancient Phigalia, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.