- Sketch of the Molding of the Interior of the Propylaea
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on thin, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/16 × 9 13/16 inches (38.3 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "This Molding is carried round the | top of the Interior of the Propylaea. | It is even with the top of the Architrave | of the Entrance Front. | The effect is not particularly bold or striking, | but it is simple and not too broken - the Og | resembles an Ovolo the top molding looks well."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "line of the | wall"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "III/22"
Watermark: "G Pike | 1801"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Sketch of the Molding of the Interior of the Propylaea, 1802-1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.