- Sketch of a Ruined Temple, With a Figure Standing by the Remains of a Standing Pillar
- Graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 15/16 × 11 5/16 inches (22.7 × 28.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The 'fragment] [...] broken with [...] with [stains] of [brown] [imagry]"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "III/51"
Watermark: "J Whatman | 1801"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Sketch of a Ruined Temple, With a Figure Standing by the Remains of a Standing Pillar, 1802-1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.