- Entrance into Girgenti From the Port
- Gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 8 15/16 inches (29.2 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Chiesa di Maria delle [setti] dolori | della Parle di dictro nell' [intrane] nella Citta - di Girgenti."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Entrance into Girgenti from the | port--"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "III/55"
Watermark: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Entrance into Girgenti From the Port, 1802-1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.