Sitting Up and Taking Nourishment
- Pen and black ink, blue chalk and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on, thick, slightly textured, beige, cardboard
- 14 1/8 × 19 1/8 inches (35.9 × 48.6 cm), 13 1/8 × 18 1/16 inches (33.3 × 45.9 cm), and 11 3/8 × 16 3/4 inches (28.9 × 42.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with black ink, lower center:" SITTING UP AND TAKING NOURISHMENT"; inscribed in pen, with black ink, upper right: "NAME | League of Nations | TROUBLE | Anaemia | CONDITION | Dying"; inscribed in pen, with black ink, upper left: "FALSE | PATRIOTISM | UNDERTAKERS"; inscribed in pen, with black ink, center: "SAAR | STEAK"; inscribed in pen, with black ink, lower right: "Daily [...] Bugle | FRESH STIMULUS TO | DISARMAMENT | Daily S[...] | INTERNATIONAL | POLICE PROVED | GREAT SUCCESS | THE | U.S.A. | FOR | WORLD | COURT"
Signed in brush and black ink, lower right: "LOW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Anthony Monaghan
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | historical subject | World War 1939-1945
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir David Low, 1891–1963, New Zealand, Sitting Up and Taking Nourishment, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.