- Nobilissimus et Integermus Vir, D. Paulus Halmalius, Senator Ant.
- Etching and engraving, (2nd state) on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 9/16 × 6 11/16 inches (24.3 × 17 cm) and Image: 8 5/8 × 6 9/16 inches (21.9 × 16.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "[FHG]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right; "32 II | W.32 | 2nd state | Very Rare | W 1 1640-50"; inscribed in grapihte, verso, lower center: "ex c24962"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "19b"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "No.[h"]"
Watermark Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: "Nobilissimus et Integerrinnus Vir, D. PAULUS HALMALIUS, Senator Ant."; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dyck pinxit | Pet de Jode Sculp."; lettered, lower right: "Mart, vanden Enden excudit Cum privilegio
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Pieter de Jode, ca. 1606–1674, Flemish, Nobilissimus et Integermus Vir, D. Paulus Halmalius, Senator Ant, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.