- Jacobus Jordaens, Pictor Antuerpiæ, Humanarum Figurarum, in Majoribus
- Stipple engraving, line engraving and etching: (3rd state) on thin, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper, mounted on, medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Mount: 9 15/16 × 7 1/4 inches (25.2 × 18.4 cm), Sheet: 9 1/2 × 6 13/16 inches (24.1 × 17.3 cm), and Image: 8 5/8 × 6 13/16 inches (21.9 × 17.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Watermark 3b | 1640-50 | W.33 | 3d state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "ex c.24962"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "[...] [...] in | painting the [ceiling] on - | Whitehall Chapel - [Neuman]"
Watermark: Foolscap Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: "JACOBUS JORDAENS | PICTOR ANTUERPIÆ, HUMANARUM FIGURARUM, IN MAIORIBUS"; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dyck pinxit | Pet de Jobe Sculp."; lettered, lower right: "Cum privilegio"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Pieter de Jode, ca. 1606–1674, Flemish, Jacobus Jordaens, Pictor Antuerpiæ, Humanarum Figurarum, in Majoribus, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.