Members of a Ionic Temple in Ruins at Priene (now Turunclar)
- ca. 1750
- Materials & Techniques:
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 5/16 × 14 15/16 inches (54.1 × 38 cm), Image: 12 3/8 × 7 15/16 inches (31.5 × 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "5/ | IXL. | 49"; in brown ink, upper left: "LV."; within image: labels A-E and various measurements; in graphite, lower center: "Members of the Ionic Temple at Priene"
watermark: Strasburg Lily (Churchill 407 or 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | capitals | columns | entablature | friezes | Ionic | ruins | temple
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Aydin Ili | Ege kiyilari | Priene | Turkey
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Members of a Ionic Temple in Ruins at Priene (now Turunclar), ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.