Members of a Ionic Temple in Ruins at Priene (now Turunclar)
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 5/16 × 14 15/16 inches (54.1 × 38 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 × 7 15/16 inches (31.5 × 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "5/ | IXL. | 49"; in brown ink, upper left: "LV."; within image: labels A-E and various measurements; in graphite, lower center: "Members of the Ionic Temple at Priene"
watermark: Strasburg Lily (Churchill 407 or 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- capitals | columns | entablature | friezes | Ionic | ruins | temple
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Aydin Ili | Ege kiyilari | Priene | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Members of a Ionic Temple in Ruins at Priene (now Turunclar), ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.