Topographical Map of Halicarnassus at its Harbor
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 21 1/8 inches (37.4 x 53.7 cm) and Image: 8 1/16 x 12 3/8 inches (20.4 x 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "56 | 96 (crossed out) | 75"; in brown ink, upper right: "LXXXIII."; in graphite, lower center: "Perhaps Hadrian(?) [...]"; in brown ink, lower center: "Halicarnassus"
watermark: "IV" [J. Villedary] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aerial view | cartographic material | harbor | landscape | topographic map
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ege kiyilari | Halicarnassus | Mugla Ili | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Topographical Map of Halicarnassus at its Harbor, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.