Remains of an Ionic Order and Circus at Aphrodisias
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 11/16 inches (54 x 37.3 cm) and Image: 12 1/4 x 7 7/8 inches (31.1 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "80 | LXVII"; in brown ink, upper left: "LXXIV"; in black ink, within image: scale and measurements; in graphite, lower center: "Remains of the Ionic Order & Circus of Aphrodisias"
watermark: "IV" [J. Villedary] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- capitals | circus (Roman arena) | columns | Ionic order | moldings
- Associated Places:
- Aphrodisias | Asia | Marmara | Sakarya | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Remains of an Ionic Order and Circus at Aphrodisias, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.