Plan of a Temple at Mylasa and of Another Three Hours from Thence on the Road to Mandaleus
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 21 1/4 inches (37.8 x 54 cm) and Image: 7 7/8 x 12 5/16 inches (20 x 31.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "84 | LXXII"; in brown ink, upper right: "LXXX."; in brown ink, within image: labels A, C, D; in black ink, within image: measurements, scale, and label B; in brown ink, lower center: "II | I."; in graphite, lower center: "Plan of a Temple at Mylassa and of another 3 hours from thence | on the Road to Mandaleus"; on back, center left: "20"
watermark: "IV" [J. Villedary] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns | floor plan | temple
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ege kiyilari | Milâs | Mugla Ili | Turkey
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Plan of a Temple at Mylasa and of Another Three Hours from Thence on the Road to Mandaleus, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.