Situazione Di Ceramo
- Additional Title(s):
Vista della Ceramo
View of Geramo
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 x 21 7/16 inches (38.1 x 54.5 cm) and Image: 9 x 14 1/16 inches (22.9 x 35.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "90"; in brown ink, upper left: "LXXXVII."; lower center: "SITVAZIONE DI CERAMO"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coastline | landscape | mountains | sailboat | ships | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Situazione Di Ceramo, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.