Details of a Corinthian Order at Geramo
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 21 1/4 x 14 3/4 inches (54 x 37.5 cm) and 12 3/8 x 7 15/16 inches (31.4 x 20.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "91 | 84"; in brown ink, upper left: "LXXXVIII"; in black ink, within image: measurements and scale; in graphite, lower center: "Members of a Corn. Temple suppd. of Sculpture at Geramo"; in brown ink, lower center: "at Geramo where I copyd an inscription beginning MA?PI SEMICTOKAHC [...]"
watermark: "IV" [J. Villedary] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | capitals | columns | Corinthian order | entablature | moldings | piers (foundation components)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Details of a Corinthian Order at Geramo, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.