A Doorway from Geramo
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 15/16 inches (53.9 x 38 cm), Image: 12 3/8 x 7 15/16 inches (31.4 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "93 | 81"; in brown ink, upper left: "LXXXIX."; lower center: "at Ceramo"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | doorway | moldings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, A Doorway from Geramo, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.