Details of a Corinthian Order from a Temple at Cnidus
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 21 3/8 x 15 inches (54.3 x 38.1 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 x 7 15/16 inches (31.4 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "95"; in brown ink, upper left: "XCI."; in black ink, within image: measurements; in brown ink, lower center: "at Cnidos"; in graphite, lower right: "Is now doing by Mr | Dillet[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- capital (column component) | column (architectural element) | Corinthian order | friezes | pediment | temple
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Cnidus Nova | Ege kiyilari | Mugla Ili | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Details of a Corinthian Order from a Temple at Cnidus, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.