Details of a Corinthian Order from a Temple at Cnidus
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 21 3/8 x 15 inches (54.3 x 38.1 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 x 7 15/16 inches (31.4 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "95"; in brown ink, upper left: "XCI."; in black ink, within image: measurements; in brown ink, lower center: "at Cnidos"; in graphite, lower right: "Is now doing by Mr | Dillet[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient Greek | architectural subject | capital (column component) | column (architectural element) | Corinthian order | friezes | pediment | temple
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Cnidus Nova | Ege kiyilari | Mugla Ili | Turkey
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Details of a Corinthian Order from a Temple at Cnidus, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.