IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Part of the Portico of Philip at Delos, 1751
Part of the Portico of Philip at Delos
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 13/16 inches (54 x 37.6 cm), Image: 12 3/8 x 8 inches (31.5 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "139"; in black ink, within image: scale; in graphite, lower center: "Part of Phillips' Portico at Delos."; in brown ink, lower center: "at Delos"
watermark: "IV" [J. Villedary] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns | entablatures | moldings | porticoes
- Associated Places:
- Delos | Dhílos | Greece | Kikládhes | Nísoi Aiyaíou
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.