- Part of the Portico of Philip at Delos
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 13/16 inches (54 x 37.6 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 x 8 inches (31.5 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "139"; in black ink, within image: scale; in graphite, lower center: "Part of Phillips' Portico at Delos."; in brown ink, lower center: "at Delos"
watermark: "IV" [J. Villedary] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns | entablatures | moldings | porticoes
- Associated Places:
- Delos | Dhílos | Greece | Kikládhes | Nísoi Aiyaíou
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Part of the Portico of Philip at Delos, 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.