IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Pianta di Rodi, ca. 1750
Pianta di Rodi
- Additional Title(s):
Plan of Rhodes
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 21 7/16 inches (37.8 x 54.5 cm), Image: 9 7/16 x 14 7/16 inches (24 x 36.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "96"; in brown ink, upper left: ".XCII."; within image: labels A-S; in graphite, lower left: "82"; in brown ink, lower center: PIANTI DI RODI"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cartographic material | coastline | harbors | site plan
- Associated Places:
- Greece | Nísoi Aiyaíou | Rdos, Nísos | Rhodes | Sporádhes
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.