- Pianta di Rodi
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 21 7/16 inches (37.8 x 54.5 cm) and Image: 9 7/16 x 14 7/16 inches (24 x 36.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "96"; in brown ink, upper left: ".XCII."; within image: labels A-S; in graphite, lower left: "82"; in brown ink, lower center: PIANTI DI RODI"
watermark: Strasburg lily with "VDL" [Van der Ley] in monogram
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cartographic material | coastline | harbors | site plan
- Associated Places:
- Greece | Nísoi Aiyaíou | Rdos, Nísos | Rhodes | Sporádhes
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Pianta di Rodi, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.