Plan of the Bay of Tyre
- ca. 1750
- Black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 21 1/4 inches (37.5 x 54 cm) and Image: 8 x 12 1/2 inches (20.3 x 31.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "131 | 76"; in brown ink, upper left: "CXXI."; center right: "Tyre"; within image: labels A-E; in graphite, lower center: "[...] Bay of Tyre?"
watermark: Strasburg lily (Churchill 412)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | cartographic material | coastline | harbor | Phoenician | site plan
- Associated Places:
- Al-Janub | Asia | Lebanon | Mediterranean Sea | Sur
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Plan of the Bay of Tyre, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.