Topographical View of the Pyramids at Giza
- ca. 1750
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 15/16 inches (53.9 x 37.9 cm), Image: 12 7/16 x 8 1/8 inches (31.6 x 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "109 (crossed out) | 110"; in brown ink, upper left: "CIII."; within image: labels A-R; in black ink, within image: scale; in brown ink, on back, lower center: "34"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aerial view | architectural subject | cartographic material | mariners' compass | pyramids (tombs) | scale (rule) | site plan | topographic map
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Egypt | Frontier | Giza Necropolis | Matruh
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Topographical View of the Pyramids at Giza, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.