- View of the Ruined Theater of Aezani at Tjaden
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 x 21 9/16 inches (37.6 x 54.7 cm) and Image: 9 5/16 x 14 7/16 inches (23.6 x 36.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "132"; in brown ink, upper left: "CXX."; in black ink, lower center: "SALOMONIS FONTES PROPE' TJRUM"
watermark: "IHS" in monogram, with a cross extending from the "H" and beneath it, "I VILLEDARY" (Churchill 411)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | colonnades | columns | landscape | mountains | Roman | ruins | stream | theater | trees
- Associated Places:
- Aizanoi | Asia | Ege kiyilari | Kutahya Ili | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, View of the Ruined Theater of Aezani at Tjaden, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.