- View and Plan of the Grotto of St. Jerome at Lydda (Lod)
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 7/16 x 14 7/8 inches (54.4 x 37.8 cm) and Image: 14 5/16 x 9 1/4 inches (36.4 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "127"; in brown ink, upper left: "CXV."; within image: labels A-J; in graphite, lower center: "Grotto of St Jerome at Lydda"
watermark: "IV" [J. Villedary] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | grotto | pillars | site plan
- Associated Places:
- Asia | HaMerkaz, Mehoz | Israel | Lod
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, View and Plan of the Grotto of St. Jerome at Lydda (Lod), ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.