Frieze and Capital of the Ionic Temple at Toreh
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 3/16 x 14 15/16 inches (53.8 x 38 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 x 7 7/8 inches (31.4 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "60 | LIII."; in brown ink, upper left: "LVIII."; within image: labels A-F; in graphite, lower center: "Frieze & Capital of the Ionic Temple at Toreh"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | capitals | entablatures | friezes | Ionic order | moldings | temple
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Frieze and Capital of the Ionic Temple at Toreh, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.