- Details of the Ionic Temple at Toreh
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 7/8 inches (53.9 x 37.8 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 x 7 15/16 inches (31.4 x 20.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "45 (crossed out and replaced with '61') | LII."; in brown ink, upper left: "LVII"; within image: labels A-D; in black ink, within image: measurements; in graphite, lower center: "Frieze of theIonic Temple at Toreh | [...]"
watermark: Strasburg bend and lily with "WR" [Wendelin Riehel of Basle] in monogram (Churchill 408)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | capitals | columns | entablatures | friezes | Ionic order | temple
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Details of the Ionic Temple at Toreh, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.