View of Sigacik (Ancient Teos)
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 x 21 1/4 inches (37.2 x 54 cm) and Image: 9 1/4 x 16 1/4 inches (23.5 x 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "XLIV."; within image: labels A-F; lower center: "THEO DETTO SIGIZIC"
watermark: "IV" [J. Villedary] in monogram (Churchill 408)
signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | boats | coast | hills | landscape | mountains | ships | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Ege kiyilari | Izmir Ili | Sigacik | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, View of Sigacik (Ancient Teos), ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.