- Is'Tmo di Cizico unito al Continente
- ca. 1750
- Gray wash with black and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 21 3/4 inches (37.8 x 55.3 cm) and Image: 9 3/16 x 14 7/16 inches (23.4 x 36.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "31"; in brown ink, upper left: "XXXV."; in black ink, within image: labels A-G; in brown ink, lower center: "ISTMO DI CIZICO VNITO AL CONTINENTE"
watermark: Strasburg with "LVG" in monogram (Churchill 406)
signed in brown ink, lower left: "Borra Archus. Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | coastline | harbors | hills | isthmus | landscape | mountains | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Balikesir | Belkis | Marmara | Turkey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Giovanni Battista Borra, 1713–1770, Italian, Is'Tmo di Cizico unito al Continente, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.