- Study of a Man with a Cutlass
- between 1745 and 1748
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 3/16 x 2 5/8 inches (8.1 x 6.6 cm) and Image: 2 5/16 x 1 11/16 inches (5.9 x 4.3 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower right: "Callender Invt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | coat | costume | cutlass | genre subject | gesture | humor | man | parody | pose | queue wig | saber | satire | tricorne
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Callender, active mid–18th century, Study of a Man with a Cutlass, between 1745 and 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.