Castle Fraser, Aberdeenshire, Scotland: East Elevation
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink, watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/4 × 17 1/4 inches (32.4 × 43.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "East Elevation of Castle Fraser"; in pen and brown ink, center, dimensions given; in graphite, lower center, calculations given
Watermark: Ruse & Turners 1813
Dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Cluny 1819"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Wilkins, 1778–1839, British, Castle Fraser, Aberdeenshire, Scotland: East Elevation, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.