Castle Fraser, Aberdeenshire, Scotland: Ground Plan
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink, watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 17 1/2 inches (30.8 × 44.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Ground Plan of Castle Fraser"; in pen and brown ink, center, dimensions given; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "25 ft Diam over | walls"; in pen and brown ink, lower center, bar scale labeled: "0" and "5"; in graphite, center: "North", "East", "South", "West"
Dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Cluny 1819"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Wilkins, 1778–1839, British, Castle Fraser, Aberdeenshire, Scotland: Ground Plan, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.