Castle Fraser, Aberdeenshire, Scotland: Ground Plan
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink, watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 17 1/2 inches (30.8 × 44.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Ground Plan of Castle Fraser"; in pen and brown ink, center, dimensions given; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "25 ft Diam over | walls"; in pen and brown ink, lower center, bar scale labeled: "0" and "5"; in graphite, center: "North", "East", "South", "West"
Dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Cluny 1819"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Wilkins, 1778–1839, British, Castle Fraser, Aberdeenshire, Scotland: Ground Plan, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.