- Etching with gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 x 18 5/8 inches (35.8 x 47.3 cm) and Plate: 11 3/16 x 15 11/16 inches (28.4 x 39.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "56/5"; lower left: "French Songs"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "John Copley."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bench | coats | genre subject | grand piano | men | music | musicians | neckties | pianists | sheet music | singer | singing | song | trousers
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Copley, 1875–1950, British, French Songs, 1946