- Etching with gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 x 18 5/8 inches (35.8 x 47.3 cm) and Plate (to image): 11 3/16 x 15 11/16 inches (28.4 x 39.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "56/5"; lower left: "French Songs"
signed in graphite, lower center: "John Copley."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bench | coats | genre subject | grand piano | men | music | musicians | neckties | pianists | sheet music | singer | singing | song | trousers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Copley, 1875–1950, British, French Songs, 1946
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.