- Maria de Medices Regina Franciæ, Trium Regum Mater
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, browned white, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Mount: 13 3/8 × 11 inches (34 × 27.9 cm), Sheet: 9 5/8 × 7 1/4 inches (24.4 × 18.4 cm), and Image: 8 13/16 × 7 1/8 inches (22.4 × 18.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "Watermark 3b | 1640-50 | W54 II | possibly [intermediate]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "ex c.24962"
Watermark: Foolscap Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered. lower center: "MARIA DE MEDICES REGINA FRANCIÆ | TRIUM REGUM MATER. | Ant. van Dyck pinxit"; lettered, lower left: "Paul Pontius Sculp"; lettered, lower right: "cum privilegio"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Paulus Pontius, 1603–1658, Flemish, Maria de Medices Regina Franciæ, Trium Regum Mater, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.