Morning on a Hillside
- Etching with gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 14 7/16 x 11 7/16 inches (36.7 x 29 cm) and Plate: 9 7/16 x 9 15/16 inches (23.9 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "o 67/0"; lower left: "3 Morning on a Hillside"; lower center: "(Third & final state) 1936"; lower right: "Artist"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "John Copley imp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | hill | man | morning | nudes | shielding | sun | sunlight | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Copley, 1875–1950, British, Morning on a Hillside, 1936