IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Copley, 1875–1950, British, An Autumn Afternoon on Hampstead Heath, 1939
An Autumn Afternoon on Hampstead Heath
- Etching and drypoint with gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 7/16 x 12 1/2 inches (41.8 x 31.8 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 x 10 9/16 inches (35.4 x 26.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "52/8"; lower left: "An Autumn Afternoon on Hampstead Heath"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "John Copley imp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- autumn | buildings | cap (headgear) | cityscape | collar | genre subject | jacket | leaves | leisure | man | park (grounds) | resting | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Hampstead Heath | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Copley 1875-1950 (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-06 - 1990-04-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.