- An Autumn Afternoon on Hampstead Heath
- Etching and drypoint with gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 7/16 x 12 1/2 inches (41.8 x 31.8 cm) and Plate: 13 15/16 x 10 9/16 inches (35.4 x 26.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "52/8"; lower left: "An Autumn Afternoon on Hampstead Heath"
signed in graphite, lower center: "John Copley imp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © The Estate of John Copley
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- autumn | buildings | cap (headgear) | cityscape | collar | genre subject | jacket | leaves | leisure | man | park (grounds) | resting | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Hampstead Heath | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Copley, 1875–1950, British, An Autumn Afternoon on Hampstead Heath, 1939
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.