IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Copley, 1875–1950, British, The Apple Tree, 1950
The Apple Tree
- Etching with gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/8 x 13 9/16 inches (39.7 x 34.4 cm), Plate: 13 1/16 x 10 5/16 inches (33.2 x 26.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "C 152/0"; lower left: "The Apple Tree"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "John Copley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apple tree | branches | figure study | leaves | leisure | men | nudes
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Copley 1875-1950 (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-06 - 1990-04-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.