IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Henry Baker, 1824–1909, British, Pont Mallwyd, 1863
- Graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 15/16 × 13 11/16 inches (22.7 × 34.8 cm)
Inscribed center right in graphite: "22 Sc"; lower left in graphite: "Bridge Bel[...]gher"; lower right in artist's hand in graphite: "Port Mallwyd SH Baker | June 1863"; on verso, upper center in graphite: "Du Val"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "SH Baker | June 1863"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Wildman
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | landscape | river | stones | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.