Lyssons Estate, St. Thomas in the East, Jamaica
- Part Of:
- between 1820 and 1821
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 16 1/2 inches (30.8 × 41.9 cm) and Binding: 21 3/4 inches (55.2 cm)
Lettered below image in graphite: "LYSSONS ESTATE ST. THOMAS IN EAST JAMAICA | THE PROPERTY OF G.W. TAYLOR ESQ M.P"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | cattle | estate | figures | hills | landscape | ocean | ships | trees
- Associated Places:
- Jamaica | North and Central America
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Hakewill, 1778–1843, British, Lyssons Estate, St. Thomas in the East, Jamaica, between 1820 and 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.