Holland Estate, St. Thomas in the East, Jamaica [One of ]
- Part Of:
- between 1820 and 1821
- Watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 16 1/2in. (30.5 x 41.9cm) and Binding: 21 3/4 inches (55.2 cm)
Lettered below image in graphite: "HOLLAND ESTATE ST THOMAS IN THE EAST JAMAICA | THE PROPERTY OF G.W.TAYLOR ESQR M.P"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings | cows | estate | figures | palm trees | stream
- Associated Places:
- Jamaica | North and Central America
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Hakewill, 1778–1843, British, Holland Estate, St. Thomas in the East, Jamaica, between 1820 and 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.