- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 8 9/16 x 11 7/16 inches (21.7 x 29 cm), Plate: 5 x 6 15/16 inches (12.7 x 17.7 cm), and Image: 5 x 6 15/16 inches (12.7 x 17.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "G233"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "probably 'Wind' 1918."
Watermarked, upper left: "F J H" (written in reverse when viewed from the front); marked in blue ink, lower right on back: "KG" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of K M Guichard)
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right below image: "C. R. W. Nevinson. 1918."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | building | clouds | hills | landscape | meteorology | monochrome | science | shadows | storm | trees | weather | wind
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
C. R. W. Nevinson (Yale Center for British Art, 2000-02-25 - 2000-05-07) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
C. R. W. Nevinson (Imperial War Museum, 1999-10-28 - 2000-01-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Jonathan Black, C.R.W. Nevinson : the complete prints, Lund Humphries, Burlington, 2014, pp. 110, 140, cat. no. 48, NJ18.N397 A12 B53 2014 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]