Cottage at Deane, Hants.
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash and brown wash with pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 15/16 × 9 15/16 inches (35.4 × 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and red ink, lower left: "Cottage at Deane, Hants".
Signed and dated lower right: "John Piper 1938"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bricks | cottage | country (rural landscape) | eaves | thatched roof | trees | wattle and daub | windows
- Associated Places:
- Basingstoke | Deane | England | Europe | Hampshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.