Arthur Devis, 1712–1787, British, Portrait of a Young Woman, 1748
Portrait of a Young Woman
- Oil and watercolor on ivory
- Frame: 2 3/8 x 2 1/8 x 3/8 inches (6 x 5.4 x 1 cm) and Image: 2 1/8 x 1 7/8 inches (5.4 x 4.8 cm)
Signed and dated in gold, lower left: "A. D. | 1742"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet (hat) | fichu | girl | oval | portrait | tassels | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.