Arthur Devis, 1712–1787, British, Portrait of a Young Woman, 1748
Portrait of a Young Woman
- Oil and watercolor on ivory
- Frame: 2 3/8 x 2 1/8 x 3/8 inches (6 x 5.4 x 1 cm) and Image: 2 1/8 x 1 7/8 inches (5.4 x 4.8 cm)
Signed and dated in gold, lower left: "A. D. | 1742"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet (hat) | fichu | girl | oval | portrait | tassels | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.