- Illustrissmus Ambrosius Spinola, Marchio Sest I
- Line engraving and stipple engraving (2nd state) on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 9/16 × 9 1/8 inches (34.4 × 23.2 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 × 7 inches (26 × 17.8 cm), and Image: 9 7/16 × 6 3/4 inches (24 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "G.H. has been scratched out"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "w.92 II"; inscribed in graphte, lowr right: "ex c24962"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "W.92 II | Watermark 7b (Transition mark) | ab1660"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "G.H. has been scratched out"
Watermark Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: "ILLUSTRISSMUS. PRINCEPS AMBROSIUS. SPINOLA, MARCHIO. SEST I. | ET. VENAFRI. DUX. SANSEUERIN, EQ. AUR. VELLER. ARMOR. ET. EXERCIT. | CATHÆ. MAITIS. IN. BELG. PRÆFECT. ET. GUBERNAT. GÑALIS. | Ant. van Dyck pixit"; lettered, lower left: "Vorsterman Sculp."; lettered, lower right: "Cum privilegio"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Lucas Vorsterman, 1595–1675, Flemish, Illustrissmus Ambrosius Spinola, Marchio Sest I, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.