Serenissima D. Isabella Clara Eugenia, Hispaniarum Infans etc.
- Additional Title(s):
Isabella Clara Eugenia, Sovereign of the Spanish Netherlands
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving, line engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 16 7/16 × 12 3/4 inches (41.8 × 32.4 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 × 6 1/4 inches (24.9 × 15.9 cm), and Image: 8 15/16 × 6 1/8 inches (22.7 × 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "ex c.24962"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "W.116 1st state | In BM.& [...] by Du[...] W118 a | ? [illegible text]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Watermark II | 1630-40"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: [...]"
Watermark Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: "SERENISSIMA D. ISABELLA. CLARA EUGENIA, HISPANIARUM INFANS ETC. | SERMI. ALBERTI. ARCHID. AUSTRIÆ. DUCIS BURGUNDIÆ BELGARUM PRINCIPIS ETC | VIDUA, MATER CASTRORUM. | Cu Privileg."; lettered, lower left: "D.A. van Dyck Eques pinxit."; lettered, lower right: "Vorsterman Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archduchess | belt | cloth | habit | nobility | nun | portrait | religious and mythological subject | tunic | veil | woman
- Associated People:
- Isabella Clara Eugenia of Austria (1566–1633), sovereign of the Spanish Netherlands in the Low Countries and the north of modern France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lucas Vorsterman, 1595–1675, Flemish, Serenissima D. Isabella Clara Eugenia, Hispaniarum Infans etc, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.