- Serenissimus Princeps Wolfangus Wilhelmus, D.G. Comes Palatinus Rheni, Dux Bavariæ
- Line engraving, stipple engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, browned white, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Mount: 13 9/16 × 11 inches (34.4 × 27.9 cm), Sheet: 9 3/4 × 6 11/16 inches (24.8 × 17 cm), and Image: 8 9/16 × 6 5/8 inches (21.7 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right; "W.118 II | ex c.24962
Collector's mark: "G.A.C." Watermark: "Foolscap"
Lettered, lower center: "SERENISSIMUS PRINCEPS WOLFANGUS WILHELMUS, D.G. COMES PALATINUS RHENI, | DUX BAVARIÆ, JULIACI, CLIVIÆ ET MONTIUM COMES VELDENTII SPONHEMII | MARCHIÆ, RAVENSBURGI ET MOERSII DOMINUS IN RAVENSTEIN, ETC. | Cu Privileg | G.H.; lettered, lowewr left: "D. A. van Dÿck Eques Pinxit."; lettered, lower right: "Vorsterman Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Lucas Vorsterman, 1595–1675, Flemish, Serenissimus Princeps Wolfangus Wilhelmus, D.G. Comes Palatinus Rheni, Dux Bavariæ, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.