- Lucas et Cornelius de Wael
- Stipple engraving, line engraging and etching on medium, slightly textured, browned white, laid ppaer, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Mount: 15 1/16 × 11 inches (38.3 × 27.9 cm), Sheet: 11 5/8 × 9 inches (29.5 × 22.9 cm), and Image: 10 3/8 × 8 3/4 inches (26.4 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "W.136 1st state | Wm 3g 1650-60 I think"; center right: "ex c.24962"
Collector's mark: "G.A.C." Waermark: Foolscap
Lettered, lower center: LUCAS ET CORNELIUS DE WAEL ANTU: FFr: GERMANI IOis FF: QUI PICTORIAM AR | TEM HÆREDITARIO IVRE CONSECUTI HIC RURALIUM ILLE OMNIGENUM PRÆCIPUEQUE | CONFLICTUUM REPRESENTATOR. | W:Hollar fecit 1646"; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dyck Eques pinxit"; lettered, lower right: "J:Messens exc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Wenceslaus Hollar, 1607–1677, Bohemian, Lucas et Cornelius de Wael, 1646
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.